Updated on November 17, 2023.
Introduction and Summary
At Credit When, available at https://creditwhen.com, we prioritize empowering your financial decisions through unique insights and innovative solutions. We offer articles to guide you towards a healthier financial life.
For any questions or concerns about this policy, please read it thoroughly for a clear understanding of your privacy rights. Should you have further inquiries, feel free to contact us at [email protected]. Our team is ready to assist you with any privacy-related matters at Credit When.
This Privacy Notice for Credit When details our practices for collecting, storing, using, and possibly sharing your information during your interactions with our services. These interactions include:
- Visiting our website at https://creditwhen.com and other websites leading to this policy.
- Engaging with our services in any other manner.
If our policies and practices do not align with your preferences, we respectfully request that you refrain from using our Services.
I. Information We Collect
Credit When collects various types of information to provide and improve our services.
A. INFORMATION WE GATHER DIRECTLY FROM YOU
We ensure transparency in the collection of your personal information. At each instance where we request your data, the purpose of this collection will be explicitly explained.
Should you reach out to us directly, we may collect additional details. This includes your name, email address, phone number, and any information within your messages or attachments.
Upon registering for an account, we will require certain contact details from you. These include your name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
B. INFORMATION GATHERED AUTOMATICALLY
During your interaction with our website, including when you utilize our services or engage with our emails, our system automatically gathers specific information from your computer, browser, or mobile device. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Your device’s IP address or another unique identifier.
- The type of web browser or device you are using.
- Geolocation information.
- The specific pages you browse on our site.
- Your navigational patterns on the site, as well as your interactions and activities on our site, such as the elements you view or interact with.
- The dates and times of your interactions with our Services.
1. Cookies and Web Beacons
We also employ web beacons, tiny transparent images, on our website and in emails. These track user behavior and interactions, like page visits and navigation, and measure email engagement, such as opens and link clicks. This data is vital for enhancing our website and refining our communication, ensuring we provide content that is both relevant and engaging.
2. Log Files
Credit When uses log files, a common practice for websites, to record visitor data. This includes IP addresses, browser types, ISPs, timestamps, referring pages, and click counts. Importantly, this data is not tied to personal identifiers. The goal is to analyze trends, manage the site, track user navigation, and collect demographic information.
C. INFORMATION FROM EXTERNAL SOURCES
1. Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
2. Our Advertising Partners
3. Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
To understand how our advertising partners at Credit When handle data, please consult the provided list of their individual Privacy Policies.
Please be aware that Credit When does not have the capability to access or manage these third-party cookies utilized by our advertisers.
4. Third Party Privacy Policies
If you wish to control your cookie preferences, you can disable cookies through your browser settings. Specific instructions for managing cookies in various web browsers can be found on their respective websites.
II. How We Use Your Information
We utilize the information collected through our website in various ways to enhance user experience and operational efficiency. Our uses include:
- Website Maintenance: To provide, operate, and maintain our website effectively.
- Website Enhancement: To improve, personalize, and expand our website’s offerings, ensuring it meets your needs and preferences.
- User Engagement Analysis: To understand and analyze your usage patterns, helping us tailor our website’s functionality and content.
- Innovation and Development: To develop new products, services, features, and functionalities that align with evolving user needs and technological advancements.
- Communication and Support: To communicate with you, either directly or via our partners. This includes providing customer service support, updates about the website, and information for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Email Correspondence: To send you emails that might be of interest, including newsletters, promotions, and other relevant announcements.
- Security Measures: To identify and prevent fraudulent activities, thereby ensuring the security and integrity of our website and your personal information.
III. Dedication to Protecting Your Data
At Credit When, we employ a combination of administrative, and technological measures aimed at safeguarding the integrity and confidentiality of your information. These safeguards are meticulously designed to secure your data.
However, it’s important to note that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is entirely infallible. Therefore, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any information you transmit to us via our services or store on our site is done at your own discretion and risk.
IV. Asserting Your Privacy Rights
1. Your Established Rights
At Credit When, we recognize and respect your rights to your personal information, irrespective of whether you hold an account with us. However, it’s important to note that the extent of these rights may differ based on your location, as certain states or regions grant specific rights regarding personal information to their residents. Consequently, the rights available to you in relation to the data we collect and process could vary depending on your state or country of residence.
2. Data Retention Policy
Credit When retains your personal information for as long as needed to meet data retention requirements, provide services, and support our business operations, unless you request its removal. If you wish to have your personal information deleted from our records, contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request by appropriately removing your data from our systems, respecting your preferences and legal obligations.
V. California Privacy Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), residents of California are entitled to specific rights regarding their personal data. These include the right to:
- Data Disclosure: Request a business to reveal the categories and specific details of personal data it has collected.
- Data Deletion: Request a business to delete personal data it has collected about the consumer.
- Opt-Out of Data Sale: Request a business to refrain from selling the consumer’s personal data.
At Credit When, we are committed to responding to your requests in accordance with these rights within one month. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or have questions regarding your data privacy, please feel free to contact us.
VI. GDPR Data Protection Rights
Understanding your data protection rights is fundamental at Credit When. As a valued user, you have various rights concerning your personal information:
- Right to Access: You are entitled to request and receive copies of the personal data we hold about you. Please be aware there may be a small fee for this service.
- Right to Rectification: Should you find inaccuracies in your personal data in our records, you have the right to have these corrected. Additionally, you can request the completion of any incomplete data.
- Right to Erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the removal of your personal data from our systems.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data, subject to certain conditions.
- Right to Object to Processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in specific situations.
- Right to Data Portability: You can request the transfer of your data, which we have collected, to another organization or directly to yourself, under certain conditions.
We commit to responding to any of your requests regarding these rights within one month. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have queries about your data, please reach out to us.
VII. Parent’s Children Information
Protecting children’s privacy on the internet is a key priority for us at Credit When. We advocate for active involvement, observation, and guidance by parents and guardians in their children’s online activities.
Credit When is dedicated to ensuring the privacy of younger internet users. We firmly adhere to the principle of not collecting Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from children under the age of 13. In the event that you believe your child has provided this kind of information on our website, we urge you to contact us without delay. We will take swift and diligent steps to remove any such information from our records, ensuring the safety and privacy of your child’s data.
IX. Our Contact Information
75 Dufflaw Road
Toronto, ON M6A 2W4, Canada